Great news, the Lake Ontario 300 Challenge has secured the services of Yellowbrick Tracking Services again for the 2012 race. This is an exciting decision and will provide unmatched web based viewing of this year’s race.
Yellowbrick are the world’s leaders in satellite-based tracking services and use the Iridium satellite system for unmatched performance anywhere in the world.
You’ve seen Yellowbrick in some very impressive races including Velux 5 Oceans and the Rolex Fastnet Race. Web based viewing of an offshore race plays a huge role in providing the fast growing number of fans a first hand look at the action. It has brought the promotion of yacht racing to a whole new level and Yellowbrick have some features that will dramatically improve the LO300 experience. Transmissions will be recorded every 15 minutes for close to real time viewing.
The race viewer package offered by Yellowbrick includes:
- Multiple groups, or classes of yacht
- Display of waypoints, markers and rhum line
- Historic tracks, as well as the current locations of yachts, replay
- Display of speed and course for each yacht
- Display of country flag, skipper name and yacht name
- Link to individual yacht blog, if provided
- Weather (GRIB) information via PredictWind, look at future wind data
Check them out at www.yellowbrick-tracking.com and come back to this page for the latest Race Viewer developments for the Lake Ontario 300 Challenge.