The Lake Ontario 300 Organizing Committee is currently reviewing various race tracking options for 2011.
2010 race with competitors organized by fleet.
On the left hand side console:
- Click on the Boats tab to select which yacht to track
- Click on the Charts tab to view Polars and Boat speed for the selected yachts
- Click on Advanced to change the Tail Length of each yacht in seconds (i.e. 1200 sec will display a track of the past 20 minutes)
Using the controls on the viewer screen (right hand side):
- You can switch the viewer to Full Screen mode and eliminate the left console
- You can set the viewer to zoom in on a particular subset of the course; either specific boats or race marks
- The Replay Speed buttons will be available once the race is completed in order to replay the race at a faster rate.
- You can toggle the display of Boat Names and Google Map background; Auto Camera will automatically set the zoom to include all tracked yachts
- You can set the Zoom In or Out; note that Auto camera has to be unchecked in order to enable the Zoom tool
- You can make the boat icons appear larger using the Zoom Boat tool
Some tips that help for viewing these offshore races.
- Check the “Map” button to show the google map background.
- Increase the speed to 100x to make it more interesting.
- The scrollbar on the bottom can be used to scroll thru the race.
- To remove a boat from the view, select the “Boats” tab and uncheck the boat.
- To follow a specific boat, select it from the Boats dropdown.
- To lengthen the tail, goto the “Advanced” tab and set the Tail Length to 3600 (max value is 1 hr)